A Poem's Love

Within these lines, a poem yearns for the affection of a reader. Could you be that reader and the one to whom this poem is dedicated?

I beg you, turn to my fair printed page,
That you may know of these enraptured words,
And form them, one by one, upon your lips,
To linger there, as an ardent lover’s kiss,
And then to softly fall in cadenced whispers,
That quicken the metre of my desire.

My love for you is writ upon this page,
That flutters at your caring fingers' touch.
Oh, hold me close beside your gentle heart,
That we may walk in faultless rhythm
Amid the press and tumult of your day,
And calm the roiling waters of your mind.












Photo: Alexandra Fuller at Unsplash
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Portrait of a strangely-dressed man

A Guardian of Empire

At Eston Cemetery, Plot M205